Are you a botany buff? Does the Venus flytrap fascinate you? Do you really like Frank Oz’s Little Shop of Horrors? Whatever your answer is, our 2024 theme is the theme for you!
Build something to plant in the Horror Garden and bring it to a convention or send it on the BZP Convention Circuit to participate! MOCs will be put on display at multiple conventions and perks will be given to those who participate in the collab, including free sets and raffle entries! (Note: in order to receive the perks, you will have to ensure you sign up for the circuit.)
The Horror Garden is pretty self-explanatory: it’s a garden full of scary plants! Flowers with teeth, trees with claws, the possibilities are endless!
Typically, plants consist of roots, stems, leaves, flowers, and fruits. Use any plant-like features and horror components fuel your creative process and build something terrifyingly beautiful. Useful examples include:
- The world outside your front door
- Carnivorous plants
- Horror movies involving plants
- Spooky gardens
- Aiden.builds’ photostream
Our garden will also need to be populated with structures and tourists! Archways, fences, benches, and pathways will all help the garden appear more robust. Tourists (and victims) should remain on the smaller side, to help give the plants a sense of threatening scale.
- Tourists should be no larger than a Voya-Nui Matoran.
- Plant builds should be (at minimum) of comparable mass/density as 10281 Bonsai Tree.
- Fencing should be capable of surrounding the area of a 32×32-stud baseplate.
- Garden furniture and structures should be capable of accommodating a Voya-Nui Matoran.
Also, these MOCs will need to be shipped and displayed so, while not required, please take into consideration stability and durability when making your MOCs. It makes it easier on everyone involved!